After spending almost 11 years living in China. This is definitely our kids favourite dish! You can use the same ingredients to make Singapore noodles. Mix it up by using the veg you have available in the fridge
SPECIAL FRIED RICE
1. Packet of Red Hot Roo Jerky ( finely chopped-use a heavy knife) Hot or Mild.
2. cups of white or brown rice ( steam- let cool slightly in a bowl)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 corn cob- (remove kernels with a knife)
- 1/cup snow peas or beans
- 2 Shallots ( keep green bits for garnish)
- 2cloves or garlic and 1 red banana chili- chop finely
- 3 eggs- whisk-cook as in an omelette, chop and set aside
- 4 Tbs peanut or veg oil
- 5 Tbs Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Sesame oil
- Chili flakes to taste
Heat 1 Tbs oil in the wok. Stir fry Roo jerky, carrot, onion, celery till onion is just clear. Put in bowl. Heat another Tbs oil- add corn, cauliflower, fry for 2 mins, add broccoli and shallots, chopped garlic and chili, stir fry for another 2 mins- careful not to burn the garlic! Put into bowl with other cooked veg.
Heat 2 Tbs oil, add rice and stir fry, tossing with 2 wooden spoons until no lumps (about 3-4 mins) Then add in the Roo and veg- stir fry till well combined. Add soy and sesame oil- check if well seasoned, combine well.Toss in the egg then sprinkle with green part of shallots.
This dish is great allrounder and fantastic for lunches the next day.